Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Collect

Im sucking in my last breath
long for it to just be
lay me down to sleep
forget I ever tried
forget the girl i was
I wasn't worth it

My heart breaks daily
my tears fall like steady rain
if my emotions were like weather,
I believe I would be in Seattle
Suicide sounds like a dream come true

loneliness equals death over time
sometimes, i wish it were all over
sometimes, i wish the disease were just HIV
i can't tell you the countless wishes I survive on
the countless dreams I feed my heart
you can lie for awhile
some even a lifetime
but those lies have caught up in mine

In a short 25 years, I realize loneliness has called
and it wants to collect
Collect it all. Collect the broken dreams. Collect the broken promises
Collect the broken friendships, the heartache, the lies, the threats.
Im tired and weary.
I may love, but no one will ever love in return.
Collect. Please, just collect me from this pain.

No comments: